Assistant Lecturer in the Digital Arts and Humanities Programme, the School of English, and the Department of Spanish Portuguese and Latin American Studies: University College Cork, Ireland (September 2015 – August 2016)
Research Assistant: The National Academy for the Integration of Research, Teaching and Learning (NAIRTL) (Oct 2014 – May 2015)
Assistant Lecturer: University College Cork, Ireland (Oct 2013 – May 2015)
Tutor: University College Cork, Ireland (Oct 2010 – May 2012)
RESEARCH PROJECTS, PEER ESTEEM, ORGANISATION
Judge (Literature Category): 2016 Undergraduate Awards.
Administrative Assistant: UCC Athena Swan Project, 2015/2016.
Research Assistant: Teaching For Transitions, January – September 2015.
Organiser of several conferences and symposia:
- Process and Practice: Adaptation Considered as a Collaborative Art, UCC; 3rd and 4th October 2014
- Pathways, Explorations Approaches: A Symposium of Mexican and Mexican American Studies, Centre for Mexican Studies, UCC. 4th and 5th June 2014,
- The Hispanic Studies of Ireland and the UK Postgraduate Conference, 8-9th June 2012. Department of Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies and Centre for Mexican Studies, UCC.
- Bookends VI: Deviance, Annual School of English Postgraduate Conference, UCC. 30-31st May 2012.
- Transitions and Continuities: Contemporary Chicano Culture, Centre for Mexican Studies, UCC. 24th and 25th June 2011.
Co-Organiser: #BookHour in association with U.S. Studies Online and BAAS, Jan 2015 – Present
Co Organiser: In Conversation with John Banville: A Staged Interview. Lewis Glucksman Gallery, Oct 2014
Organiser: A Poetry Reading by Lorna Dee Cervantes. Cork Vision Centre, 4th June 2014.
Organiser: European Book Launch of Sueño by Lorna Dee Cervantes. Cork Vision Centre, 4th June 2014.
Co-ordinator: Annual #DAHTWEECH live Twitter teach-in for the MA in Digital Arts and Humanities, UCC, 2013 – 2015
Exhibition Co-ordinator: “My Inner World”: An Exhibition by Daniel Weinstock Boole Library, UCC. Jan-March 2013
Co-organiser: Poetry Kitchen: Alphabet Soup for the Soul (A Fundraiser for Cork Penny Dinners), UCC. 5th Dec 2013
Organiser: The European book launch of Our Lady of Controversy: Alma López’s Irreverent Apparition by Alicia Gaspar de Alba and Alma López, UCC, June 2011.
Co-editor: Aigne: The Online Journal of the College of Arts, Celtic Studies and Social Sciences, UCC, December 2010 – October 2011
Member of International Peer Review Board: Aigne: The Online Journal of the College of Arts, Celtic Studies and Social Sciences, UCC.
The British Library Georeferencer Project
- My participation in the first wave of this project resulted in an invited trip to the British Library Digitisation Lab as one of their top 5 contributors
- I was also an invited participant in an AHRC-funded project, “Crowd-Sourcing Scoping Study: Engaging the Crowd with Humanities Research” in Kings College London.
The Letters of 1916 Project
- As well as participating in this project, I incorporated it into my teaching (PG6011) to introduce postgraduate students to text-encoding.
Organiser of #EditWikiLit, the first Wikipedia Editathon held in UCC.